Rock Mill and Rock Candy are proud to present the Rock Candy Classic. On November 4th experience a full day of climbing festivities including a USAC Youth Bouldering Local, a Citizen Redpoint Comp for beginner through advanced climbers, and an after party with a cash bar and live music from Akron locals Portage and Posture.
The competition is open to climbers of all ages. Competitors will also receive:
- Limited Rock Candy Classic t-shirt – Must register before October 15th!
- A shot at amazing prizes provided by our sponsors
- Admission to the Rock Candy Classic after party
- Complimentary drink at the after party
*Competitors under 21 can redeem their ticket for a soft drink at the bar
Saturday, November 4th, 2017
USAC Bouldering Local
9:00am – Registration opens
9:45am – Welcome meeting, review rules
10:00am – 1:00pm – Climb! Competitors have three hours to log scores
2:00pm – USAC Bouldering Local awards
3:00pm – Welcome meeting, review rules
3:15pm – 7:30pm – Climb!
7:30pm – Scorecards due
8:30pm – Citizens Comp awards
7:00pm – Bar opens
9:00pm – 10:00pm – Live music by Portage / Posture
Categories & Rules
USAC Bouldering Local
Youth ages 6 – 19. All competitors must be USAC members or must purchase a single day membership pass to compete in the morning event.
- Youth climbers 6 to 19 years of age can compete USAC members will have their scores logged in the USAC database and count towards the 2-comp participation requirement for regional competitions.
- Non-USAC members may still compete but must purchase a day use membership to the USAC at USAclimbing.org in addition to registering for the competition.
- Details on competition structure and rules can be found in the USAC rule book.
- You MUST have a valid USAC membership or day use membership and fill out the Visitor Agreement Form before the day of the competition.
Beginner: Climbing greens and some yellows (V0 – V2)
Intermediate: Climbing pinks and some purples (V2 – V4)
Open: Some blues and beyond (V4+)
Beginner: Climbing greens and yellows (V0 – V2)
Intermediate: Climbing purples and some blues (V3 – V5)
Open: Climbing oranges and beyond (V6)
- Competitors will be placed in categories based on their final scores. Prize package value increases by category, so climb your hardest!
- Valid attempts must start on the designated starting hold/holds and finish with both hands on the designated finish hold while showing control.
- Valid attempts must be documented and signed off on by two individual competitors.
- Competitors may climb as many routes as they choose, but only the 3 highest point value routes will be counted towards their final total score.
- In the event of a tie, the total attempts from all weeks will be used to break the tie. Be sure to mark all attempts on your scorecard.