Rock Mill is Hiring!
We are looking for self-motivated, thoughtful, and friendly people. Flexibility, desire to learn and a strong work ethic are as important to us as previous experience, so share with us your skills and your passion. See the open positions below and please apply if you feel like you’d be a good fit for our team.
Working for Rock Mill
As a Rock Mill employee, you will have the opportunity to become a leader in a strong community of yogis, climbers and movers. We seek to identify our employees strengths and let them grow and expand, which has led many of our employees to gain a strong influence and ownership over key aspects of the Rock Mill experience. We take being an employer seriously and seek to provide our employees with all the tools and information they need to exceed. Likewise we maintain high expectations for employee conduct and the level of service they provide.
Who we are looking for
The ideal Rock Mill employee will…
- Be open-minded and willing to learn
- Be active or interested in the outdoor community
- Have a strong work ethic
- Enjoy working with a variety of people
- Stay positive and focused under pressure
- Be a team player who is mindful of fellow employees
Benefits of working for us
Every employee will play a key role in Rock Mill and their input and ideas will help shape growth. Additionally, working for Rock Mill gives you…
- A great work environment
- Discounted workshops and events
- 30% off all pro-shop purchases
- Free gym membership (i.e. unlimited climbing, yoga and fitness!)
- Flexible leave policy to allow for climbing trips, etc.
Rock Mill Climbing is looking to add 2 to 3 new part time route setters to our team! This is a great opportunity for anyone who is looking to build upon their existing route setting experience, or have an interest in pursuing a career in the route setting industry.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Work with Setting Crew to meet weekly setting goals
- Participate in forerunning new boulders
- Set fun and safe routes in an efficient manner
- Uphold Rock Mill safety standards
- Assist with all Rock Mill competitions
- Strip and wash holds weekly
- Maintaining and organizing holds room and inventory
- Assist with wall maintenance and other duties when needed
- Previous experience route setting is preferred
- Strong work ethic and the ability to thrive in a dynamic team oriented environment
- Able to give and receive constructive criticism
- Ability to climb V5 at minimum, V7+ is preferred
- Punctual and reliable
Compensations and Additional Information
- Compensation will be based upon experience
- Opportunities to continuously build upon route setting experience
- Access to pro deals with various brands
- Free membership while employed by Rock Mill Climbing
- Perform daily bookkeeping tasks and journal entries.
- Maintain office and supply inventory and order needed items.
- Answer phones/info email addresses and field basic questions.
- Attend meetings, take notes and communicate agendas.
- Prepare for and facilitate gym events including planning, scheduling, event-day setup and management.
- Step into various project teams to complete administrative tasks such as planning travel details or communicating with vendors.
- Basic understanding of bookkeeping and accounting
- Proficiency in word processing and spreadsheets
- Detail oriented and comfortable working in a fast-paced, multi-faceted environment
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Previous office management or event coordination experience is a plus