Rock Mill is Hiring!
We are looking for self-motivated, thoughtful, and friendly people. Flexibility, desire to learn and a strong work ethic are as important to us as previous experience, so share with us your skills and your passion. See the open positions below and please apply if you feel like you’d be a good fit for our team.
Working for Rock Mill
As a Rock Mill employee, you will have the opportunity to become a leader in a strong community of yogis, climbers and movers. We seek to identify our employees strengths and let them grow and expand, which has led many of our employees to gain a strong influence and ownership over key aspects of the Rock Mill experience. We take being an employer seriously and seek to provide our employees with all the tools and information they need to exceed. Likewise we maintain high expectations for employee conduct and the level of service they provide.
Who we are looking for
The ideal Rock Mill employee will…
- Be open-minded and willing to learn
- Be active or interested in the outdoor community
- Have a strong work ethic
- Enjoy working with a variety of people
- Stay positive and focused under pressure
- Be a team player who is mindful of fellow employees
Benefits of working for us
Every employee will play a key role in Rock Mill and their input and ideas will help shape growth. Additionally, working for Rock Mill gives you…
- A great work environment
- Discounted workshops and events
- 30% off all pro-shop purchases
- Free gym membership (i.e. unlimited climbing, yoga and fitness!)
- Flexible leave policy to allow for climbing trips, etc.
Rock Mill is looking for dedicated teachers that want to grow and take their teaching to the next level in our unique community and facility. We are seeking outgoing and inspiring people to join our team to engage and grow the Rock Mill Yoga community.
Rock Mill offers a traditional variety of classes and levels, though our facility is anything but traditional. Along with our dedicated yoga studio featuring a misty mountain mural, Rock Mill is home to a 6,000 sq ft climbing hall which allows us to have unique offerings such as Ascend (yoga and climbing fusion workshops) and Yoga for Climbers class which speak to the unique aspects of our facility and community. The Rock Mill Yoga program is young, fresh and growing fast. If teaching in a non-traditional setting to a non-traditional community is exciting to you, please apply!
- Create a class experience that shows your personality and skills
- Create a personal connection with each student
- Set up classroom appropriately: Props, Mat Spacing, Music, Lighting
- Be on sub list and fill in for other instructors when possible
- Follow up with students after class
- Clean studio space
- Ability to connect with complete strangers on a personal level
- Demonstrate the ability to teach a safe, fun, and creative class with a genuine interest in student success
- Minimum 200 hour Yoga Alliance Certification
- 1+ years teaching experience and actively teaching
- Have a strong desire to grow and the ability to take on and integrate feedback
Rock Mill Climbing is seeking to add to our route setting team! Applicants would work directly with Rock Mill’s route setting team under the coordination of the Head Route Setter. The position will offer 10-16 hours per week, majority of which will be focused on regular commercial route turn over, with the exception of special events such as competitions. Other responsibilities include wall maintenance, cleaning mats, and keeping the hold storage room organized. This part time position can be supplemented with additional hours and duties at the gym such as front desk, instructional teaching, and coaching.
- Follow setting schedule and set to our standards
- Perform safety inspections and wall/floor maintenance
- Hold cleaning and storage room organization
- Assist Head Setter in competitions and special events
- Forerun all problems
- Polite and responsive to customer feedback
- Further improve setting program
- Physically capable of safely lifting heavy objects, often times over 50lbs
- Comfortable working from a ladder and at heights
- Capable of fore-running a minimum of V5
- Able to seek, accept, and give constructive feedback regarding setting
- Have a positive attitude and work well in a team environment
- Previous experience route setting
- Ability to fore-run V7+
- Any furthered route setting experience; route setting clinics, USAC Certifications, etc.