Rock Mill and Rock Candy are proud to present the Rock Candy Classic. On November 10th experience a full day of climbing festivities with a USAC Youth Bouldering Local and a Citizens Redpoint Comp for beginner through advanced climbers.
This year, Rock Candy Classic is proud to be a stop along the Buckeye Bouldering Series. Citizens Competition competitors will automatically have their scores submitted to the series.
Get a limited Rock Candy Classic t-shirt free when you register by 10/24!
Saturday, November 10th, 2018
USAC Bouldering Local
8:00am – Registration opens
8:45am – Welcome meeting, review rules
9:00am – 12:00pm – Climb! Competitors have three hours to log scores
12:00pm – Scorecards due
12:40pm – USAC Bouldering Local awards
12:00pm – Registration
1:00pm – Welcome meeting, review rules
1:15pm – 4:00pm – Climb!
4:00pm – Scorecards due
5:00pm – Citizens Competition awards
The Rock Candy Classic takes a lot of work to pull off! You can help out by volunteering to be a judge during the morning USAC Bouldering Local. Sign up here and help give kids a great competitive climbing experience.
Categories & Rules
USAC Bouldering Local
Youth ages 6 – 19. All competitors must be USAC members or must purchase a single day membership pass to compete in the morning event.
- Youth climbers 6 to 19 years of age can compete USAC members will have their scores logged in the USAC database and count towards the 2-comp participation requirement for regional competitions.
- Non-USAC members may still compete but must purchase a day use membership to the USAC at USAclimbing.org in addition to registering for the competition.
- Details on competition structure and rules can be found in the USAC rule book.
- You MUST have a valid USAC membership or day use membership and fill out the Visitor Agreement Form before the day of the competition.
Beginner: Climbing greens and some yellows (V0 – V2)
Intermediate: Climbing pinks and some purples (V2 – V4)
Open: Some blues and beyond (V4+)
Beginner: Climbing greens, yellows, and some pinks (V0 – V2)
Intermediate: Climbing purples and some blues (V3 – V5)
Open: Climbing oranges and beyond (V6)
- Competitors will be placed in categories based on their final scores. Prize package value increases by category, so climb your hardest!
- Valid attempts must start on the designated starting hold/holds and finish with both hands on the designated finish hold while showing control.
- Valid attempts must be documented and signed off on by two individual competitors.
- Competitors may climb as many routes as they choose, but only the 3 highest point value routes will be counted towards their final total score.
- In the event of a tie, the total attempts from all weeks will be used to break the tie. Be sure to mark all attempts on your scorecard.
Buckeye Bouldering Series
- Competitors should select a category for the Buckeye Bouldering Series. This will be used for series scoring, not for the Rock Candy Classic Citizens Comp.
- BBS Male/Female categories are: Recreational, Intermediate, Advanced, Open
- You must compete in at least 3 competitions along the series to be eligible for placement. The other series competition dates are:
- October 13 Vertical Adventures-Columbus
- October 20 Urban Krag-Dayton
- October 26 RockQuest-Cincinnati
- November 3 Cleveland Rock Gym-Cleveland
- November 17 Climb Time Blue Ash-Cincinnati
- Full series details and scores can be viewed here.
This event would not be possible without the help of our sponsors.