Compete over five weeks in a redpoint-style competition for prizes and glory, then join us at The Feast for a final celebration, food, and dyno competition!
Rack up points by competing one day a week on league climbs, and if you come in on Wednesdays, participating in bonus challenges and pool-party themed summer fun!
King of the Mill will use a handicap scoring system, which means you’ll earn points by pushing your own limits, not by climb difficulty. A level playing field for all!
King of the Mill pre-registration is $25 per person and includes:
- Competition entry (you still need a Membership, Punch Pass, or Day Pass)
- King of the Mill 2019 t-shirt
- Bonus activities and goodies from local business partners every Wednesday
- Free food and drink at The Feast
Online registration is closed. You can register at the Front Desk through July 16th!
All participants get a limited King of the Mill t-shirt. Everyone is a winner!
- King of the Mill will run as a redpoint bouldering competition over 5 weeks. The first week will be a placement round to determine your handicap and will not count towards your score.
- New routes will go up Tuesday and Wednesday. Don’t climb new routes until you’re ready to compete for the week!
- You must climb a week’s routes on the same night. You can compete on any night of the week between Wednesday and the following Tuesday, but you only get one session! We suggest climbing on Wednesdays when we’ll have extra activities and events for you to get bonus points during.
- Your score will be the sum total of the 3 highest scoring climbs you complete each week plus your handicap bonus, which we will assign you.
- Bonus points can be earned by flashing climbs and participating in bonus events and problems, which will typically be held on Wednesday evenings.
- The top 3 men and women with the most points at the end of the league will be crowned the winners.
- Final league rank ties will be broken by attempts.
King of the Mill scoring will be based on a handicap system that awards climbers based on their ability level. For example, a new climber flashing a yellow route will be awarded the same points as an expert climber flashing a grey route. We will determine your handicap level based on placement performance during the first week and will adjust it throughout the season if necessary.
You can compete any night of the week between Wednesday and the following Tuesday, but you’ll have the most fun Wednesday evenings between 5pm – 8pm with bonus activities and local vendors!
7/10 – Water Balloon Dodgeball with Dirty River Bikes
7/17- Water Balloon Baseball with Compass Coffee
7/24- Water Gun War with Brimfield Bread Oven
7/28 (Sunday) – Setting Clinic Afterparty, Water Balloon Volleyball
8/7 – Slip n’ Slide with Redbudsuds
8/14 – The Feast! Food, beer, and dyno competition. Winners announced.
We’ll close out King of the Mill with a final celebration and announce the winners. Free food and beer for everyone, plus a dyno competition, and t-shirt pickup!
We wouldn’t be able to put events like King of the Mill without the support of our sponsors and community partners!